Dual-Boot Linux and Windows
Random Notions - February 24, 2007
You've got Windows XP installed on your computer, and you want to dual-boot Linux.
- Backup your system, just in case.
- Download the Gnome Partition Editor LiveCD from http://gparted.sourceforge.net and burn to a CD.
- Boot with the GParted LiveCD and resize the Windows partition to allow sufficient space for Linux.
- Reboot and let Windows run a chkdsk.
- Reboot again, this time from your Linux source.
- Install Linux, allowing it to create a new partition in the unpartitioned space.
- Configure your boot loader, such as Grub, to dual-boot. It will likely do this for you.